[EN] Trip to London go o/

Erialc

Jeune bulbe
Inscrit
16/3/13
Score de réaction
Hi everyone,

I'm trying the "international part" of this forum, as I'm going to London next week for my holidays.

First, it's always a good thing to practice the language you'll have to speak during few days and Végéweb always seems to me as the "right place" to do plenty of things (even if I post two days a year :D)

Second, I'm always willing to discover cities with the point of view of human beings (not only through the Michelin guide I've already bought). Thus, I was wondering if some of you know good places to go (i.e. THE vegan restaurant to test, as we have Végébowl at Paris ;), or sympathic bars (I love beers as much as my cat), festivals that will take place during next week...)

Or even if you know couchesurfers there, it may help, as I know I'm leaving for London this week-end, but I don't know where I'll sleep yet (haha, yeah, I know, great adventure, best organisation ever)

I know I'll go to Camden and Soho, that are THE places I really want to visit and live in, and I HAVE to see the Tardis. From the point of view of a touristic tour, I think I'll visit the Tower Bridge, and some museum, but I don't really want to see the regular place to see (don't really care about the City i.e. or even Birmingham palace)

Thank you a lot for your feedbacks ;)

P.S.: Sorry for the mistakes I'm not able to correct myself yet! o/

Well, I'd not answer your questions because last time I went to London I was 16 (I'm 38 now) but in my opinion you should say "lots of thnigs" instead of "plenty of things". (Not that I am very good in english either, though)
Have a nice trip in London !

I wouldn't call Vegebowl THE vegan restaurant of Paris (though I admit it is a controversial point :whistle: )
I'll be in London for a couple of days next week as well. I don't know which places are worth a visit, but I'm planning on going to Vantra vitao.

Je n'apellerais pas Végébowl LE rastau végane de Paris (même si j'admets que c'est un sujet de controverse :whistle: )
Je serai aussi à Londres pour quelques jours la semaine prochaine. Je ne sais pas quels sont les endroits qui valent le coup, mais je compte aller au Vantra vitao.

THE place to eat in London ? MANNA !!!!
They are not far from Chalk Farm Station, really good, but more on the expensive side.
Vantra is good as well, I've only been there for lunch, it wasn't too expensive and pretty good.

In Camden, you have of course Inspiral Lounge, Hahaha Veggie burger and Cookies and Scream, that I would recommend.

There is a post somewhere on Vegeweb with a list of the places I've tried. It may not be up to date, though. Saf is closed, for instance. Which is a shame, it was great.

You say you want to see the TARDIS, so you are going to the Doctor Who Museum? Just to warn you, the museum is small and the props on display are mainly from the old series. The souvenir shop is way bigger than the museum!

Oh, and it's Buckingham Palace, not Birmingham Palace ;)

(and Vegebowl is definitely not the best restaurant in Paris. It's closer to being the worst than the best, IMHO)

Thank you for all your answers! Unfortunately I had to shorten my trip to London for personnal reasons, but here I am, I'll be in London in a couple of hours! o/

@yapuka: Would you mind telling me more about the use of plenty? Why not using "plenty of things?, it's not correct to use it that way?

@Fabicha: Nice! Are you already in London? Are you up to share a vegan cheesecake or a beer with me?
I'm on my own in London, then I'll try to meet new people. I'm going there saturday night: http://www.meetup.com/Gay-Vegetarians-And-Vegans/
Seems nice!

@Fushichô: Woh woh woh! Have you lived in London? Thanks for the good places! Someone told me about the Morgan M (Long lane) and the Vanilla Black (Tooks Court) as good and "classy" veggie restaurants. Have you tried them?

So everyone, what's the issue with the Végébowl? :D
Ok, I have not tested all the veggie restaurants in Paris yet, but Végébowl is one of my favourites. I really like asiatic food and there is so much choice!

Yes, I lived almost 4 years in London. I left last August. :)
I haven't tried the restaurants you mention, sorry. But I'm not classy, that could explain why I didn't try them. ^^

Végébowl is tasteless, bland, not good, :beurk: , and on top of this, there is no alcohol!!!!

(comme au rassemblement du corbeau)

Haha, I'm not classy either, then I should try your places! :D
Four years, pretty nice. So you know the good places with alcohol? :3
(Have I already mentionned I love beers? Handmade ones, Belgium ones, strong and dark ones, weird ones... I do love beers.)

There is alcohol at Vegebowl: weird beers! (can't remember the name though)
So what's your favorite veggie/vegan restaurant in Paris?

Oh and concerning the TARDIS, I was just considering to see the one(s?) in the street. At Earl's Court apparently. I wasn't sure about the museum, so thank you for your input (if I go to the shop I'll buy the fourth TARDIS at home. Hem...)

There are pubs every 3 meters, so I'm sure you'll find a place where you can try beer. :)

Last time I had dinner at Vegebowl, there wasn't any alcohol. Just a weird drink. I don't think it was alcohol, though. It tasted dreadful, though. Like the meal...

I've rarely been to Paris, so I can't really tell you which would be my favorite. I don't even remember the name of the place I had a burger last time I was in Paris. ^^

Erialc":whrafj64 a dit:
@yapuka: Would you mind telling me more about the use of plenty? Why not using "plenty of things?, it's not correct to use it that way?

Hum... It's difficult, I don't know how to explain this, but it sounds weird to me. But like I said, I'm not very good in English, all I know comes from TV shows. Although I know a lot of rude words. :red:

Retour