[EN] Carnism awards

Jezebel

Évéganéliste
Inscrit
12/5/10
Score de réaction
Localité
Un peu partout dans le monde
After reading what I just read, am convinced we need an English section to keep tabs on any stupid thing said about being veg*.

I'll start with this one (the comments): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater It's beyond facepalming yourself. :rolleyes:

Après avoir lu ce que je viens de lire, je suis convaincue qu'il nous faut une section en anglais pour garder un oeuil sur toutes les choses stupides qui sont dite à propos du végéta*isme.

I agree. It's just stupid.
Vegetarians don't eat animal products for solid reason (ethical, health, earth), not because it's revolting.
Once again, Peta gives a bad image of vegetarian.

Sorry for my english, my teacher is poor !

Oh believe me, it's way worse than the PeTA ad...

(be nice to your teacher and give them some money, then)

D'you mean you contributed to the fb thread I just posted above?

Yola":1bpcrhwh a dit:
Hello all men :YE: my first message english for not end ! :cool:

There seems to be room for progress here.
What do you want to say when you say "Hello all men"? Hello everybody ?
What do you want to say when you say "for not end"?

And this should be "my first message in English".

I reckon Yola meant that his first message was far from being the last, implying that he was going to contribute a lot?...

Oh dear, Peta has really gone too far. What they say is true, but as Brigande said, it's beyond disrespectful. Carnists may have a second of disgust after seeing this ad but they'll soon go back to eating eggs - after all, they eat corpses on a daily basis.

A little contribution: http://fucknovegans.tumblr.com/. Yes, a whole Tumblr just to bash us, because we're that important - let's feel flattered, guys.
I couldn't find it but there was a post where the owner admitted to "not knowing much about veganism". Yet you have an entire blog dedicated to making fun of them?...

Congrats Aldhissa, you seem to have mastered "Yola" (a new language we have here) in no time. ^^

As for the ad, well, it's PeTA, what can you expect from them anyway... :rolleyes: What really pushed my button though was the long series of comments on how plants suffer too and if we kill them, then we can kill everything and how it's a personnal choice, yada yada yada...

Thanks fot the tumblr, it's been... educational... :><:

I didn't read all the comments, but it seems that some of them also point a discrimination against non-VG Indians. According to them, this ad points the lack of hygiene of non-VG Indians. I thought that's what you were reacting about, Jezebel.
I'll go back there to overlook the comments an another time (I really don't like dislike FB).

Fushichô":2isds5kc a dit:
Yola":2isds5kc a dit:
Hello all men :YE: my first message english for not end ! :cool:

There seems to be room for progress here.
What do you want to say when you say "Hello all men"? Hello everybody ?
What do you want to say when you say "for not end"?

And this should be "my first message in English".
To write or understand Yolish¹, you have to take account of three rules :
1) Use some basic English words, in order to give some clues of a meaning to the reader.
2) Yolish words must appear in the same order as in the French translation, even if the grammatical construction seems foolish.
3) The sonority has to be similar to the french translation, since it's more intuitive this way. For example : "tout l'monde" becomes "all men".

¹Yolish : The language they speak in Yoland².
²Yoland : The country where the Yolas live.

Guys, guys, please, we all have to start somewhere. You don't want to discourage him, do you? If we start keeping tabs on every mistake, this will turn into an English course.

So, back to the topic, who else is getting seriously fed up with that "personal choice" thing? Or how carnists contradict themselves every other sentence? "But you're crual towards immigrant workers who pick up your food!!1!" "Actually, you need several pounds of vegetables to get one pound of meat, so we're helping those workers" "Stop pushing your agenda on me!".

Pers0nne":3fj2rf6w a dit:
To write or understand Yolish¹, you have to take account of three rules :
1) Use some basic English words, in order to give some clues of a meaning to the reader.
2) Yolish words must appear in the same order as in the French translation, even if the grammatical construction seems foolish.
3) The sonority has to be similar to the french translation, since it's more intuitive this way. For example : "tout l'monde" becomes "all men".

¹Yolish : The language they speak in Yoland².
²Yoland : The country where the Yolas live.

I agree for rule :)

Retour