[JP] konnichiwa mina-san

• Auteur de la discussion Anonymous
  • Date de début
A

Anonymous

I hope it will not be inappropriate (although the topic after speaking orangutan ^^), I would like to ask a few questions about Japanese grammar, which I do not speak a word of which my understanding currently limit the expressions most commonly used in anime -yes I have an extensive culture. I try to improve myself, if not to learn the language more seriously in the future
At the moment I have a question that itches my feminism, I noticed that girls use watashi- and boys use ore- to speak in the first person, what is the reason?

PS : I use google because French is forbidden here, but I'm too bad in English to write correctly, I'm not also able to understand a quarter of my own text translated ... Sorry about that :oops:

J'espère que ça ne sera pas inapproprié (quoique qu'après le topic pour parler en orang-outang^^), j'aimerais pouvoir poser quelques questions grammaticales sur le japonais, dont je ne parle pas un mot et dont ma compréhension se limite pour le moment aux expressions les plus communément utilisées dans les anime -oui j'ai une culture très étendue. Je cherche à m'améliorer, voire à apprendre plus sérieusement cette langue dans l'avenir :)

Pour le moment j'ai une question qui démange mon féminisme, j'ai remarqué que les filles utilisent watashi- et les garçons ore- pour parler à la première personne, quelle en est la raison ?

Ps : je suis une quiche en anglais :red:

When I tried to learn Japanese, I didn't notice differences, I used "watashi" for "I" (male or femelle or intersex ).

I hope the others will help you more...

"watashi" means "je" for male and female. But, like in french, japanese people can use slang, as for males : "boku" which means the same thing but in different degree of language.
I'm not sure but I think there are 7 ways to says "je" in japanese.
They use the same kind of difference when they use -kun for a boy and -chan for a girl.

"watashi" is neutral and can be used by both male and female. That's the basic word to say "I", one of the first you will learn. A humbler version would be "watakushi". In everyday talk, there's indeed a gender distinction. Women will rather use "watashi" or "atashi" whereas men will use "boku" or "ore" (informal). Some women may use "boku" as well but I don't think it's really common though. There are lots of grammatical stuff like that. For instance, to express approval, a man would say "sou da ne" but a woman would say "sou ne"... So there's a manly speach and a womanly speach in japanese, so to speak. So, well yeah, the japanese language is not anti-sexist but most languages aren't either. It's just expressed in different ways. French has grammatical feminine and masculine, japanese hasn't really.
Hope this will help. :)

yapuka":1v516k3g a dit:
"watashi" means "je" for male and female. But, like in french, japanese people can use slang, as for males : "boku" which means the same thing but in different degree of language.
I'm not sure but I think there are 7 ways to says "je" in japanese.
They use the same kind of difference when they use -kun for a boy and -chan for a girl.

yes, but -chan at the base is supposed to be an adaptation of -san for young children who do not yet know how to say the sound . Also known as babies -chan indifferently sex, and girls may have the suffix -kun in certain circumstances. Sexualization comes later, and I do not know if we -chan uses to adulthood in the world of work, for example?

Luisão : Thank you, is very clear^^ I know that languages ​​are far from neutral and French is far from shining in this area ^^ but it intrigues me that there have different ways of talking about yourself, I guess it looks like our "e "that discriminate against women.

"kun" is sometimes used to address a woman though, and "chan" may be used for a man too (in that case it sounds more like a nickname and denotes affection). But generally speaking "san" is neutral, -kun for men and -chan for children and women. On a working place -san is more appropriate, formal. Although -kun and -chan may be used when speaking to a colleague (not your boss obviously). But I may be wrong. My knowledge of japanese in use is far from extensive. :rolleyes:

I agree with everything Luisão has explained. :)
I'll just add that, apparently, "boku" is more and more used by young women/female teenagers. According to my teachers, the gender gap in the way Japanese speak is (very) slowly shrinking and women speak more and more "like men".

Rei, Ichi, ni, san, shi/yon, go, roku, shichi/nana, hachi, ku/kyuu (Sudoku, Kyuurem), juu 100=hyaku, 1000=sen 10000=man!
Rondoudou=pinku, Pikachu=kiiro, me (Mes Yeux)=kuroi chairo, vert=midori, bleu=ao, rouge=aka, blanc=shiro, lumière=mitsu, bébé=Akachan, port=tsu, vague=nami, dimanche=nichiyoubi, yama=mont/forêt, gin=argent. Reiko=bel enfant, shigatsu=Avril, san=politesse comme sir don, fuji=éternel, ko=diminutif!

Retour