[EN] [en] Let's talk english around movies

Yapuka, I'd say "when it's free, there's always a catch" but your version is splendid English. I also did not know the expression "He becomes a douche.." but I think it's great. I hope I'm not one when my wife wants something (in fact I know I'm not: she'll buy it online and tell me when it's done..!)
I've used Hola for a while, and it works for me, but only in Google Chrome and I know that after I've finished the session I shall have to run an anti-malware scan to get rid of the spams etc. It seems a price worth paying to use, if I do not do it often. It's usually to get access to a programme on the BBC or other UK channel. Now that Arte seems to be running better programmes than the BBC I don't often bother..

Taitino":2bxf2cwl a dit:
Yapuka, I'd say "when it's free, there's always a catch" but your version is splendid English.
Thanks.
Taitino":2bxf2cwl a dit:
I also did not know the expression "He becomes a douche.." but I think it's great.
Really ? I can hear it in american TV shows. Mostly in "Supernatural", actually.

I think so. The full expression is "douche bag".

Thanks Yapuka, I found this in Reverso the internet dictionary: means "cretin" or "idiot" in either standard English or French. Ok, so I'm learning new English on Vegeweb: I'll have to pay more attention when watching American soaps. In English a douche is used to mean either a vaginal douche or a simple device for a perforated bag shower (like you could use in a campsite).

Yes, I remember reading an explanation about this expression. It comes from the vagina douche. Very poetic, isn't it ?
I assume it's like french, words change meanings as one goes along (like "con" in French wich was meant to indicate women's sex.)

Super classe Hahaha!

To be back to the thread; I started Outlander, and except the fact that it takes place in Scotland and that it gives some idea of what were suffering the Scots, it's very flat for me. I watched 2 or 3 episodes and I am bored...

I wanted to watch this one. I'll give it a try this summer I think. When I'll be out of tv shows due to the summer break. I got to much to see right now.

Panda":cfeo1anl a dit:
I got to much to see right now.
So have I !
Currently I'm watching at least 10.

Currently I think I'm close to 20. But May it's starting and so do new shows and seasons.

OMG !20, I can't beat you. I'm done watching series. I'm going to cry in my bed by having been beaten by a Panda. :whistle:
You're evil, Panda ! :)

While we're on the subject of tv series, who's going to watch Game of Thrones this month? Do you like it? Do you fear spoilers? :cool:

Regarding Gae of Thrones the only thing I fear is the death of George RR Martin before he's done completing the books

Well, yeah that's a possibility, given that it takes him ten years to write a chapter. The good news is that he gave the producers permission to write an alternative ending and he approved it so we don't have to worry about his possible death when watching the tv series. I wish he would finish the books before long though, but it doesn't seem likely :><:

Why would George RR Martin give up his right to extended media immortality? I reckon he'll carry on doing G o T stories as long as he's got breath...and even after if you're right on that, Dasvitania!

Right and I'm sure he'll always find a way to surprise us...

the-most-shocking-death-on-game-of-thrones.jpg

But I sure as hell hope it'll never come to that, obviously :p

Thanks for the graphic message, Dasvitania: No, I think he'll probably be around for a while yet, and pass away in his sleep in the end!

Yeah he probably will!

By the way, I'm sorry if this is off topic, but I just found this on youtube and it's just too good to pass up :cool:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0[/youtube]

Now back to movies: Who has seen "Captain America Civil War"?

I did, it was no good or bad just fun, an average Marvel movie. I really liked the Black Panther character though.

Retour