[EN] [en] Let's talk english around movies

barbux

Évéganéliste
Inscrit
19/3/06
Score de réaction
Localité
Toulouse
I like to pratice my english understanding watching movies, but I'm laking opportunities to express myself. So I propose you to talk about english speaking movies we like in this thread.

I had this idea watching this short film I enjoyed : Inside (5min; EN; no subtitle).

J'aime bien travailler ma compréhension de l'anglais en regardant des films, mais je manque d'occasions pour m'exprimer. Je vous propose donc ce sujet pour parler anglais autour de film en langue anglaise.

J'ai eu cette idée en regardant ce court métrage que j'ai bien aimé : Inside (5min; EN; pas de sous-titres)

Enjoy :)

I really enjoyed watching it. Love the lights work.
I can't remember where I've seen the main actor though. Wasn't he Brenda's incesteous brother in 6 feet under? Not sure. Really like him anyway :)

A subjet of movie, very cool!

There is a movie that i love but it is not that in English, transalated also french!
It is "Lovely Bones", a movie of Peter Jackon, a girl that makes murdered and that finds itself in other world between the life and death (the Finally the paradise which ). It is fanstatique movie!
Here is the trailer. It is my favorioute movie!

I loveeeeee ittt.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZYYtUJpak[/youtube]

Un sujet de film, super cool!
Il y a un que j'adore mais qui n'est pas en anglais, traduit aussi en français!
C'est "Lovely Bones", un film de Peter Jackson, une fille qui se fait assasiné et qui se retrouve comme dans un autre monde entre la vie et la mort(Enfin, le paradis quoi.)
C'est un film fanstatique! Voici la bande annonce! C'est mon film préféré!

Je l'aimeeeee!

@Fabicha : Yeah ! I've already seen him too and I can't remember either.

I found the film's credits here : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298934/. The main actor is Jeremy Sisto.

EDIT : Well spotted, he is brenda's borther in six feet under !

@Fabicha : Ouais ! Je l'ai déjà vu aussi et je ne me souviens plus non plus.

J'ai trouvé les crédits du film ici : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298934/. l'acteur principal est Jeremy Sisto.

EDIT : Bien joué, c'est le frère de Brenda dans six feet under !

EDIT2 :
Thanks MVA, I don't know this film yet and the trailer makes me want to watch it :)
Merci MVA, je ne connais pas encore ce film et la bande annonce me donne envie de le voir :)

barbux":1c4aucgg a dit:
EDIT : Well spotted, he is brenda's borther in six feet under !
Ha ha, there's not one actor that I don't like from this series! They're all brilliant (even though Brenda could get on my nerves sometimes, but it probably had nothing to do with the actress, it was more likely the character she played).

MVA, I had never heard of this movie before but the trailer is catchy, indeed. Is the movie recent?
As for the film director... Is he Peter Jackson from The Lord of the Rings?

I guess that if you watch english spoken movies to improve your skills in the language, you also like watching series ? I think it's a wonderfull way, as well, to learn new words and expressions. It helps also to get the ear used to the pronunciations and the different accents.

I am currently watching several series, quite short and also funny that give me joy haha ! Like Brooklyn Nine Nine, New Girl, The Big Bang Theory, Girls (ok, this one is insane, I started few days ago, and I just ate the two first seasons in a row, that's ridiculous !).

For a movie, I've heard about JOY, that came out recently. Has someone already watched this one ? :D

I use to watch american shows mostly, sometimes british.

I'm currently watching lots of TV shows I like, some are actually not really good shows but yet I like watching them : Bones, Numbers, all super heroes's (daredevil, Jessica Jones, the arrow, flash...),some better: Supernatural (I am in love ! Ahhhhh Castiel and Dean) , Blacklist, Sense8 (this one, I like the way they used diversified but stereotyped characters),Criminal minds, some old one's like X-files, Buffy...

I also watched River (british), Misfits (also british), Luther (british again), Being human (both versions, UK and US)...

Got a funny issue : when I speak, I have a US accent and sometimes it's difficult for me to understand UK english.

I am watching again both seasons 2 and 3 of Sherlock these days, because that show is awesome.

I finished Last Man On Earth, which happened to be an excellent show. A shy season 1, but a hillarious second. I enjoyed it, and I can't wait to see the next episodes.

Also, I may recommand you to have a look at You, Me And The Apocalypse, which is also an excellent show. The first season has finished, like, a month ago. I can't really imagine how it could continue through a season 2, but it's announced, so, guess they do know.

I will watch the Sherlock New Year Special tomorrow evening.

I'am watching Mr. Robot since yesterday, and it's a very good show. I will not talk about all the shows I watch, too many I think, but you're right Last Man on Earth is very funny.

Never heard of those. I'm gonna look at the synopsis.
Actually, I really like SF shows and hope these one happens to be that kind of story.

Panda":1ls995pr a dit:
I'am watching Mr. Robot since yesterday
THIS.
SHOW.
IS.
AWESOME.

I loved it. I guess it's also because that's a domain I have interests in. But I really did love it.

Wow, so that's definitely on the to-watch-list hehe ! Such an enthusiasm !

Oh and yes, Sense-8 is super cool ! It's quite easy and sometimes even cheesy, but the synopsis and the characters are nice. Can't wait to watch the next episodes ! :D

Oh and Viking is cool as well. They are completely fucked up when it's about chronology, but the customs and some details are really nice.

Marcelina":3mfrjj9t a dit:
Oh and yes, Sense-8 is super cool ! It's quite easy and sometimes even cheesy, but the synopsis and the characters are nice. Can't wait to watch the next episodes ! :D

Neither do I !

These days, with my husband, we are watching "the following", with Kevin Bacon, the third season. It's pretty surprising and awful the way some people can washbrain their followers, twist their mind and bend them till they got no thoughts of their own.

I was a bit disappointed by the third season and the ending, which I think cannot be called an ending because the show was cancelled, and the did not reshooted the last episode to offer a proper ending. Anyway Kevin Bacon is excellent in it.

Panda":tg4hnfd5 a dit:
I was a bit disappointed by the third season and the ending, which I think cannot be called an ending because the show was cancelled

Oh no ! I am so disappointed. I hate when shows don't have a proper ending. I felt very frustrated by the ending of "Lost" for example. Same for "flashforward". I couldn't wait to watch season 2 but they cancelled it. I wish scriptwriters would write a proper ending before presenting a new serie, just in case the show is canceled.

SO we talk now about TV shows?

I have liked "The IT crowd" and "Garth Marenghi's Dark Places", very absurd and funny, with delightful british accents ( yes!!!).
For some similar reasons, I have liked "Shameless", the british version, and also because the actors seems humans ( not platic commercial american actors).

You remember me to watch Sense8...

Oh then I have a question... I just finished the series that I was watching recently (or eating, as you wish, because I just realised yesterday that it took me two weeks to watch the 4 seasons of Girls)...
If anybody here has Netflix, do you have any idea of a cool series that I cool watch there ? I started Arrested Development and also Master of None, but the latter is not really interesting and the first, I don't feel like I want to watch it everyday....

So I started Sherlock as well, and it's perfect so far, but there are few episodes...

Doctor who, Making a Murderer, Orange is the New Black, Unbreakable Kimmy Shmidt, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Fargo, Better Call Saul, Bojack Horseman,..... Take your pick!

Retour