[EN] [en] Let's talk english around movies

Marcelina":3uc24mc3 a dit:
No no no really. I have Netflix France and I watch movies in English with English subtitles.
arggggggg ! But I didn't see that ! last time I checked, there was only French subtitles.
Taitino, if I remembre correctly, I saw "Tunnel", the british/french version of "Bron". I'd like to see the original version, althought this one was quite good.

Marcelina, the first interest I find in watching "the arrow" is the great looking actor who plays Oliver Queen. :red: But so far, it's not so bad it seems and I like it. (or I have very bad taste, which is kind of a possible idea :p I enjoy liking not really good shows or movies, it makes me feel relaxed ans it's easier to learn english)

No but actually it's strange Yapuka. Few days ago, I watched something on Netflix (can't remember what sorry) and indeed, the English subtitles were not available. It must really depends on what programm you watch.
Thanks for Arrow ! :) I watched that for I was in the family home, not sure yet to keep on watching, but maybe, if it's so good ! :p
(And it won't be for the guy, brrr.... I hate this kind ! :p)

Taitino : øøøøøøøøøø... I actually don't remember how, but when I was studying norwegian at Uni a girl explained us how to put the settings to also have the norsk/dansk/svensk keyboard, you know, in the control bar at the bottom of the screen (if, like me, you use Windows and not the 10). There is a menu called "services de texte et de langue", at least in my computer, and you can choose to add or remove languages (and so the keyboard...).

I just finished Sherlock ! I should watch the two extra episods now, but most of all, I can't wait to see the next season ! :D

Marcelina":1fhlqfey a dit:
(And it won't be for the guy, brrr.... I hate this kind ! :p)
Not my kind either, but good looking, still.

If we are to talk about the kind of people we like to feast our eyes on in shows or movies (I'm a female gender and sex and also straight person, typical therefore) I tend toward black hair and eyes male.

Oh, I'm watching currently "Z nation", the 2d season, and there is this guy who is soooooooo good looking. :whistle: By the way, Z nation is a very funny zombie show. We have sort of a subscription to zombie's, with my husband.

Hahaha I see what you mean... (I actually never really care about that, but if I had to choose a series to "feast my eyes" as you say, I would say Vikings... well, for Ragnar AND Laguerta hahaha !)

I try to keep in mind Z nation ! :D I never watch anything about zombies so... why not ?

I actually start to get addict to Brittish shows... and a very good friend of mine, who is completely mad about England, is always shaking me to watch a lot of shows... she's really updated so that's cool to have her advices ! :D
I asked her what she thought about the series Elementary (that's my Sherlock time, hahaha, I'm going to download all the books on my Kindle) and she didn't like at all because it was "too much american, no subtility...". What do you think ?

Marcelina":31fssx1a a dit:
Taitino : øøøøøøøøøø... I actually don't remember how, but when I was studying norwegian at Uni a girl explained us how to put the settings to also have the norsk/dansk/svensk keyboard, you know, in the control bar at the bottom of the screen (if, like me, you use Windows and not the 10). There is a menu called "services de texte et de langue", at least in my computer, and you can choose to add or remove languages (and so the keyboard...).

Thanks, Marcelina, I'll try that.
What did you think of the first episodes of Trapped on Monday eve? I was amazed at the atmosphere of fear and especially COLD that the film style created. I felt quite chilly by the time 23h00 came round, and decided I could not stay awake any more: I'm going to cheat by watching the episodes again when they are broadcast on BBC4 on Saturday..
I enjoyed the storyline, it reminded me of novels I've read by Arnaldur Indridason, with grim Icelandic scenery and scary plots. The central policeman, Andri, sems impervious to cold! I especially enjoyed the opening titles, comparing parts of human skin with rocky landscapes..

I definitely want to watch Trapped. In tried to find it on Arte + 7 and on Netflix but it's not... I guess I'll have to watch it in streaming... :/

On my side I'm still in my Brittish period...
I finished Sherlock, and the two seasons of Broadchurch (amazing, I love David Tennant(lol)). I started to watch Doctor Who as well and I'm almost done with the first season of Black Mirror. It's a very nice show but pretty depressing though... That's cruel but the scenari, the actors and the environments are so so good so far ! :)

oh great Black mirror, I loved the 2 first episods I watched. Never seen the others because dearie honey didn't like it.
I'll watch them another night of insomnia. :rolleyes: Actually, I like being an insomniac when I'm on holidays (stangely when I work, I don't like as much :) ), because I can do things I can't when everybody is awaken.

Marcelina, Yapuka
It is a shame that you cannot get access to English TV by satellite. I can get it way down in Poitou, so you should be able to access it. Another way would be to use a VPN website to access the BBC iPlayer (like Pluzz but in UK) and play it in streaming from there.
Anyway, pleased you both liked what you saw. I am watching Episodes 3 & 4 this evening (the BBC is showing Trapped only 2 episodes at a time, so out of synch with A2 which shows 3 at a time..) So I shall be one episode behind, never mind.
Did you see the new Trepalium on Arte? If not, it's on Arte+7.

I didn't, I actually never heard about that... I barely watch TV, so I don't really know what is on...

I watched the first season of Love, the Netflix series, and it's pretty nice ! They are much nevrotic but it's a really fresh series ! :)

Then I tried to watch Umbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and it's just super cheezy and borring to me ! Ok, I just watched the first episod, but I really didn't like it... everything was so fake... those smiles are fake, the clichés are just too much and well, everything was borring to me !

Is it getting better after the first episod ?

Yop, I was expecting your answer since you advised it ! :p

I'll try to go on then, but if I don't like the second episod, i'll give up... Thanks anyway ! ^^

Bloddy stupid laws ! They are a pain in the neck ! I can't watch Netflix US anymore. It drives me crazy, there is so little choice on Netflix france. :snif:
I want my favorite shows back !

You can definitely use VPN to have access to Netflix US, try Hola that's a good one I used for months and you can set up your location as UK, US and then connect to your Netflix account as usual! Nobody watch Black List? Love this one!

Sheezah":3r4fejgf a dit:
Nobody watch Black List? Love this one!
I do ! Love it too.
Hola is still working ? I'm gonna try this one.

I wouldn't recommand Hola as security wise it's to be avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Hola for months until Netflix was unblocked in Thailand, never had any issue with it. Easy to use, install the add-on on Google Chrome and here you go.

Jezebel what about security? Would you recommand another one? Free as well?

Like we say in french, when it's free, you're the product ! (Is there a set expression in english ?)
I'll try and see if I can find a VPN which is both : not too expensive and secure.

Witopia and Open VPN are really not bad (witopia is like $50/ year)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's try to convince my husband. Won't be easy. He becomes a douche when talking about money. :mur:

Retour