[EN] Miscellaneous

• Auteur de la discussion Anonymous
  • Date de début
A

Anonymous

It's been a while and nothing has actually happened here. The mustard has not taken (arf, arf, arf).
I'd like to practice a little but have no inspiration at all about a subject that could help people to challenge themselves and make them jump into the wild adventure of a foreign language forum. Animal rights might be a bit too "technical" even though it would be the best way to upgrade this forum at an international level.
Meanwhile, we could try to create a thread about daily things and other stuff, and see what happens. What do you think?

To be honest, I'm not very good in chit-chat either... But I can try. They say that pets and weather are the usual subjects...

I just came back from a vacation, and my adorable cat has been trying to merge with me all day long. Usually, she likes to be petted but is quite independent. She was outside during the whole week and I think she's quite happy to have company back. It's really cute that she does that, but i'd like to go on vacation more than one week in the future without feeling guilty about her. That's exactly why I didn't want a cat in the first place (she used to live outside and I've welcomed her during the winter: she seemed to be so cold).
She's the coolest cat ever and i'm glad to have her at home, but i feel stuck in the same time.

ça fait un moment et rien s'est passé ici. La mayonnaise n'a pas pris.
J'aimerais bien pratiquer un peu mais n'ai aucune inspiration concernant un sujet qui pourrait aider les gens à se forcer et à tenter la folle aventure du forum en langue étrangère. Les droits des animaux sont peut-être un sujet trop technique même si ce serait le meilleur moyen de faire de ce forum un forum international.
En attendant on peut peut-être essayer les trucs du quotidien et autre et voir ce qu'il se passe. Vous en dites quoi ?

A vrai dire, je ne suis pas non plus super forte en "conversations pour rien dire". Mais je peux essayer. Il paraît que le temps et les animaux de compagnie sont les sujets habituels...

Je rentre juste de vacances et mon adorable chat a essayé de fusionner avec moi toute la journée. Habituellement, elle aime ben les caresses mais est assez indépendante. Elle était dehors toute la semaine et est probablement contente d'avoir de la compagnie à nouveau. C'est vraiment super mignon mais j'aimerais bien partir plus d'une semaine sans avoir à culpabiliser à cause d'elle. C'est précisément pour cette raison que je ne voulais pas de chat (elle vivait dehors et je l'ai accueillie en hiver : elle avait l'air d'avoir super froid).
C'est vraiment un super chat, et je suis ravie qu'elle soit chez moi, mais je me sens vraiment coincée.

ha ha, I had forgotten this thread... Thanks for the follow-up.
No, unfortunately, most of my friends live in apartments, and there is no way the cat could live in a place without being able to go out. I'm almost sure she would escape (that's actually what she did with the former human she used to live with).
So far my upstairs neighbor is ok to feed her and to open her the window. But she can only come once or twice a day ; it's difficult to do more... And the cat is used to go in and out as many times as she pleases during the day as I work at home. It means she's really bored when I'm gone.
And last time, the neighbor told me "no problem, I can help you any time. You're not leaving again any time soon anyway, right?" I'm not sure, but I guess it was a polite way to say that it kind of bothers her a little although she tells me that she loves cats and that's it's no problem at all to do me this favor and that the cat is so cute, etc. I don't know :(

I'd like to pratice too but I'm not very good in English. Actually, I understand better than I speak (or write in that case). Thanks to Netflix though, I made progress and maybe I should be able to speak a little.

France. We use unlocator. (It's bad, I know :oops: )

What is unlocator? And why is it bad?

Sorry, I don't know about this.

Well, it's a VPN I think (I'm noy very interrested in computer stuff, so .....). Actually, unlocator allows your ID's to be located in a country you choose. I don't think it's legal (but it's not illegal, though :whistle: )
Here : http://www.start-vpn.com/blog-france/20 ... -vpn-6466/

Yeah, it's FaceBook and other web shit killer.
Maybe not very appreciated by Forum admins or other Moderators when a troll use VPN but it is the price to pay for freedom.

Why is it not appreciated by forums admins ? (I'm curious :p )

yapuka":2kmwukym a dit:
Why is it not appreciated by forums admins ? (I'm curious :p )

It's related to network security as there's no way to ID a computer on a network with a VPN or proxy (well there are but it's not as straightforward as without). Also, some proxies and VPNs can be dormant servers that serve some purposes of some sort and you can't really know yourself when you make use of them, hence the dislike from network admins, or so i understood.

Retour